What type of innovations and technologies can be funded?
The CBE JU call for September 2022 will fund projects starting with a Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of 3: that is, projects that research, develop and validate technologies (TRL 3 to 5). Then, it will also cover projects that work on the scalation of prototypes and demonstration of technologies (TRL6-7) and projects that put into place a large-scale first-of-its-kind product facility in Europe (TRL 8 – Flagship projects).
In total, the call for September 2022 is expected to fund:
- 10 projects with a TRL 3-5;
- 8 projects with a TRL 6-7; and 2 projects of TRL8.
- Additionally, the call for September 2022 will also fund one project not linked to any TRL: an action focused on the collection of best practices and benchmarks (a Coordination and Support Action, CSA).
What topics and funding are available in this CBE JU call?
CBE JU has structured its Work Programme around 12 topics divided by TRL, with a total budget of 120 million euros. It welcomes project proposals for:
- Research & Innovation Actions (TRL 3 to 5)
- Innovation Actions (TRL 6 to 8)
- Coordination and Support Actions (actions not connected to any technology readiness level)
The infographic below summarises how these topics and types of actions are connected:
Who can apply to the CBE JU call 2022?
The CBE JU Call for September 2022 is open to all legal entities – private and public organisations, profit and non-profit. This includes large companies, small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs), research and technology organisations (RTOs), universities and associations.
Specific conditions and relevant information (such as evaluation criteria…etc) are available at the CBE JU Annual Work Programme 2022. Additionally, the General Annexes to the Horizon Europe Work Programme 2021–2022 are applicable, with some exceptions:
How to apply?
To start your application you will need to go to the Funding and Tenders Portal, where you will need to log in (or create an account); find the CBE JU Call (HORIZON-JTI-CBEJU-2022) and begin the process!
Helpful notes to take into account:
- All organisations involved in the project proposal must have a 9-digit Participant Identification Code (PIC) – if not, they will need to be registered.
- The topic page will have a submission service section where you can draft your proposal. Fill in all the required information and submit the proposal before the call deadline – after that, the link for submission will close.
In summary, the key details of the CBE JU Call September 2022
- Call identifier: HORIZON-JTI-CBEJU-2022
- Call launch: 22 June 2022
- Call deadline: 22 September 2022 17:00 CET
- Call budget: €120 million
- 12 topics: IAs, RIAs and CSAs.
- Application: Funding and Tenders Portal. Call HORIZON-JTI-CBEJU-2022.
- Procedures & rules: Horizon Europe.