The first affordable and easy-to-use IoT system that tracks pill intake with printed circuits technology
SIGUEMED is an IoT eHealth user friendly solution that helps poly-medicated chronic patients to enhance their medical adherence by monitoring and tracking their real pill intake in real-time basis. It provides the first cost-effective and convenient solution to an unsolved world-wide problem of massive economic and societal impact: the non-adherence to medication of chronic poly-medicated patients.
Low medical adherence represents a heavy burden for the EU28 in terms of:
- Costs: extra medical treatment that needs to be given and to additional hospitalisations.
- Premature deaths that could be avoided with correct adherence to medication.
Currently, there are several solutions that attempt to increase medication adherence, but none of them reaches a sufficient market penetration because they are not useful enough or do not fully meet user demands.
SIGUEMED can bridge the gap. Its main advantages are:
- Real-time registration of if and when pills intake took place.
- User-friendly for digital immigrants.
- Piece of mind for patient’s relatives and pharmacists.
- A personalised report of the patient’s medication adherence.
The business model is a network of associated pharmacies, which will be clients and at the same time help shape the network of authorized distributors. Pharmacies will sale and provide SIGUEMED’s associate services to poly-medicated patients, which are the end-users. After five years, expectations are that SIGUEMED will have built a network of more than 10,000 pharmacies in 5 different EU countries and have reached more than 350,000 patients through them.
SIGUEMED obtained funds before through the ACTTiVAte Project. This webpage has an entry about it: click here to see it.
- Programme: SME Instrument Phase 1
- Call: H2020-SMEInst-2018-2020-1
- Reference number: 877113
- Consortium: 1 company from 1 country
- Coordinator: INFARMATE ATENCION FARMACEUTICA DOMICILIARIA SL
- Starting date: 01/08/2019
- Duration: 6 months
- Link: Cordis